Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The grande return.

Well, it has been an interesting 24 weeks overall. I have learned a lot about people in general.

After the grand escape I have bragged for months about, AKA break from all of this, I have realized that time does change things. But the most valuable things stay the same, it's the small insignificant things that change, the important ones might evolve but for good.

I have returned to the motherland, filled with optimistic pressure to finish my dissertation and yahllah -one of many Arabic words I've learned in the exchange program- getting a respectable job. It is time, this will be my last semester working at my University.

New York was a blast, filled with adventures, that is my city indeed, it has everything I love, politics, economics, multicultural, art, crazy folks, 24 hour subway, partaaays, hot men in the subway, and great views. This trip had it all, drunken craziness, art, sightseeing, funny moments, rockstar moments, limitless possibilities, adventures, randomness, dangerous stuff going on in the subway, shopping, etc.

The most important thing I have learned is that there is a way to avoid getting into painful or uncomfortable situations, we are not victims, we many times put ourselves in situations that in the end will be very painful. And I have made myself the promise of no longer doing that with a certain someone. When it's over, it's over and that's it.... it all has a time stamp, and ending, and expiration date and we have to live and respect it we can't prolong things, or make them last as much as we want to.

and I end with a personal quote, "If you claim to have a life, live it, don't be incongruous about it..." YMC (that is me).

No comments: