Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thank God I'm Atheous -WOODY ALLEN


I love that phrase, such an irony! haha.


O well, today I went to church (yes people, sometimes a go to church, mostly against my will). In this occasion I had to go to the one year anniversary of the death of my favorite aunt. But that's not the case. Every time I go, I usually look around, and analyze everything, from the people, to what the priest says, to the church its self. I find everything sooo interesting, the phrases that are said in mass, such as: "God pity us" are matter of a semiotic study.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I used to be a good catholic girl, hell I was even a altar girl, I even went to Sunday School until I was like 13, OK, so most of the time I didn't enter the classroom, I sort of stayed in the hallways sleeping, but that doesn't count. And I respect all religions, I just find it fascinating to analyze the people that attend mass, and all the things the priest says.
I noticed somethings that I can add to the list of things that I disgust about my parents, a part from the fact that they are obsessed with church, specially my mother... I hate the fact that they give money to maintain the organization. Did you know that the State that receives the highest profits annually is the VATICAN!
Catholicism isn't what disgusts me, I just hate the catholic organization,
per sei. After everything that the church has done in the name of God during the years, how can they actually think that all is forgotten. But o well, I guess mos human beings have to believe in something, even if it's corrupt. Who am I to judge, but a simple mortal.
People praise and thank god, so god won't crush the like bugs -Dr Gregory House

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing but the truth aah, remember “Great men are not always wise”
Im not a church guy, but in fact i believe in god, at least that we are above something, i prefer science buuuuuuuuuuuut people need to believe, no matter what or who, they need it most of time, thats a shame, i just try to believe in my self and think thats enough.
There´s a lot of things to talk about this topic, the point is, why does we have to pay to deserve heaven?? not enough just to believe?? hahah
mmmm... i don't think so.
I found a bunch of goods quotes, let me show you a few of them:

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing." Friedrich Nietzsche (Yeah i like this one)

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church." Thomas Paine (sounds familiar???)

"Where knowledge ends, religion begins." Benjamin Disraeli

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." Napoleon Bonaparte

I found more, but, what do u think? that men were wiiiiiise, and great