Thursday, September 18, 2008

Honesty Flick...



Yesterday I went to see Dan in Real Life -a great movie by the way-. And taking into consideration a certain crush, with a certain guy-friend. The film made me reflect... a little about honesty.
Honesty is a bitch to some and to others it's everything, although not everyone can be honest about things, and better yet not everyone can accept honesty. Usually people who prefer avoiding the truth aren't people I like being around, I don't know it's a thing of mine... I can't stand having to keep my lips closed, I have a thing for speaking my mind, and even if it gets me in trouble it still most gratifying because "Damn, I said what I thought"; that's my ideal "and ideals are bullet proof".
But the thing is, What happens when you can't be sincere, when you realize that your honesty (as great and true as it it) it might just badly hurt someone in the process. Where must the line be drawn? Is it selfish to speak your mind in these situations?
But what if, just what if you speak your mind to avoid hurting the other person, but the other person, due to certain maturity issues can't cope with it? In that case is it the sincere persons problem? Or is it the individual who can't deal with it's problem? Who's to blame? Is it too selfish and morbid to be honest just to feel better?
What percentage of people truly show appreciation for honesty? I know I do, I prefer to be destroyed with the truth, than to be deceiving with me. I know it's just terribly wrong to wish and expect everyone to be like that. O well, I just had to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.. i haven't seen it, but the only thing that i can say is that people cant face the truth (at least not all of them) ....but they cant live without it!!! they just want it and need it!!
Or do u know someone who likes lies? theres no person who want to live cheated by everyone.
People hide the truth when they cant face it....and now look around......am i wrong? hahaha well, just my opinion

take care!!
how´s S&C?

Hitlercito said...

...

Anonymous said...

Truth is, everyone says they want honesty, but for them honesty is to tell them what they want to hear, not what the real deal is. I don´t really care, I usually say things as I feel them or think about them, and the only time i draw the line is when i know i might hurt someone i love or like to be with, the rest of times i speak my mind, no matter the consequences.