Monday, January 19, 2009

ROCKANDROLLA- movie


A long time ago when I had my 2MB connexion I downloaded a ton of movies.... one of them was ROCKANDROLLA, yeah you know that Guy Richie flick. I must admit I didn't really like Snatch that much, and I'm not fond of Guy, but I enjoyed this movie. It has a great scenry, good actors, a wonderful script... but above everything else, it's got some ass kicking phrases, or as I like to call them, LIFE MOTTOS! haha


The intro, after the credits there's the phrase:
"People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drugs, drums, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot".


Ok the other scene I loved, and not because of the mottos, but because of the direction.... would be the dance scene with Gerard Butler & Thandie Newton. The song which goes perfectly is by Flash & The Plan, and it's called: Waiting for a train.

And last but not least, and for that reason no less importaint; is my favorite part of the whole movie. Why? The answer is quite simple, because one day, I hope not very far away I wish I get the chance to slap someone silly, with a good old fashioned Archie Slap:




hahaha: "There's no need for strong violence".

5 comments:

IT Pro Santa Fe said...

hahaha! That´s a fucking good slap! I saw the movie yesterday... It fucking blow my mind... I loved Guy Richie movies...
Saludos from Argentina ;)

Fher said...

jajajaja... bien Yaz... me agrado la idea del cachetadon! Ya sabes que estaré ahí para las porras y demás cosa de apoyo!

jaja...

Después veo la peli porque al parecer te gusto bastante y confio en tu buen gusto.

Saludos desde la luna
XOXO

Dorm Bedding said...

Never heard of this.....definitely have to check it out :)

Lord Puffin said...

Yaz - glad you liked the movie as much as I did and for largely the same reasons. I came upon your blog searching for 'The Real Rockandroller' which is the sequel alluded to at the end of the film - will it ever be made? I hope so. If you get a chance, see the film at the cinema - I saw it when it came out and then later on dvd - it's very much shot for cinema and is breathtaking on the big screen.

I Like your blog - gutsy, opinionated stuff with a good eye for the important things
Regards
Lord Puffin (London)

YazZzzZ said...

hahhahha thanks for your comment, I hope you keep reading my blog; I wish 'The Real Rockandroller' comes out soon, that way I would have more material!!!! hahahaha