Saturday, June 7, 2008

Becoming a communication major is one semester closer…


Yes, that’s right dear bloggers… soon enough I shall end this major in about give or take 2 more years. Throughout almost 2 years… I have realized a few things about college… many people cheat… hell yeah… there are those who don’t study and copy in exams, others who make up the research answers to the polls, those who don’t read crap and download summaries, those who pay others to write essays for them, others who download everything off line and don’t change a single word, those use bring cheat sheets on exams, others who make up answers for interviews. There’s a bit of everything, really… what? You don’t believe me??

It’s quite funny; I haven’t yet run into someone who hasn’t done any of the things above, me included. So here comes the hardest question of all… Is college a fraud? Well, hope not, because in that case why the hell am I studying?

The other day I laughed my ass off… as it turns out, most of the teachers that impart journalism genre II, at the end of the semester assign a journalistic report, in my case I had to do a radio report, it was quite painstaking, but me and Cora went thought with it, with honors, we didn’t make up a single fact.

At 8PM before turning in my project, I receive a phone call from a friend asking me for names of people who own a club, I gave him a couple and he said “thanks and by the way I included and fake interview with you, because I didn’t want to go through with it.

I laughed, but that wasn’t enough… when I get in the classroom the next day to turn in my project.. I hear, to my disgrace, actually to the frauds disgrace “damn, what if the teacher notices that we made up the interviews?”. I really couldn’t help myself, I laughed harder (mainly because I hate the girl who was bullshitting). Later on the cynic, asked me “did you guys make up interviews?”, me, all proper and quite annoyed answered “Hell no, what is wrong with you?”

Ok, I was a bit of a hypocrite, because in the last report I had to turn in, I sort of made up 2 interviews (and I didn’t make the up per sei, since people sort of said the same things just in a different space and time) … but hell I don’t want to be a journalist, and it was late, and no one would answer me… so I didn’t have another choice, but IT WASN’T THE FINAL!!

2 comments:

Damiana Miller said...

i know that!!!!!!!!

college really sucks sometimes!

i really want a new job, i hate mine!!!!!!!!!


see you!!!!!!!

Damiana Miller said...

ohhhh yazzzmin!!!!!


no quieres ser periodista, pero amas escupir porquería!!!!!


esa es una de las grandes cosas que aman los periodistas!!!
jajajajajajajajaja

serás como molina en el futuro!